Monday, February 06, 2006

First Golf Round!

Jan 29 - Feb 6....We have pretty much settled into life in Lake Havasu City. We do not have internet access at our site so we have to make a trip into the Library to check email & complete the blog so we may be tardy at both. We are enjoying the great weather. We drove to Laughlin, NV last week to see some relatives that were vacationing there from Waco, TX. Mike donated a 20 to the slots and we had a nice lunch and visit. Finally ventured to the Golf Course -- After a year of practicing (hitting golf balls at the driving range) I finally played my first round of golf (nine holes) last Saturday. We went to a short Par 3 course near the London Bridge. It wasn't toooooo bad considering it was my first time. My first shot felt like a great one, however neither Mike or I saw where it landed and never could find the ball!!!! The good news was that was the only ball I lost. The bad news was I never kept score - maybe next time. We had a good time and I really did enjoy it...maybe I will improve with time! We had a little Super Bowl Party at my parents place for some friends. Today Mike golfed another course with Dad and some friends. This weeks plans include routine doctoring and a trip to Yuma & Mexico. I will try and put some pictures on the blog in the next couple of days! Not much new to take photo's of....The London Bridge looks the same as it did last year!!!!